I am going to say this straight up, I am not happy that after today I only have 2 more days in Florence. This is crap! My semester has gone by way to fast and I am not ready to leave Italy. I don't want to move, I want to stay like this forever. Okay, maybe not forever, but I am happy here and well it's lame that it's all coming to an end. I am already starting to realize how much I am going to miss my friends, all my roommates have become like family to me and my other friends, well I'm going to miss them. a lot. I feel like I have grown up so much this semester, I am a way better art history major now (thanks Daniele and Professor Stolte) and I just well feel more comfortable in my skin. Maybe all those "ciao bella"'s help after all.
All that aside, it's been a good week. Monday I went to Volterra in the morning with my roommate Jade. It was the last Tuscan town I wanted to visit, so I did it. P.s. for people who read Twilight that's where book two takes place, that doesn't mean anything to me but hey maybe it does to you. We had a nice morning, the town was cute and I ate the best "frutti di bosco" gelato of my life. De-lish. Monday night I went out to dinner with Emily, Ruby, Theresa, and Maggie. It was nice to spend time together.
Tuesday morning I took my Daniele exam, which apparently I did well on (I ran into him today and he complemented me on my big essay and told me he was about to read my paper). Tuesday afternoon I hung out with Ruby, Theresa, and Maggie for awhile before doing the oral part of my Italian exam. I had a fifteen minute conversation with Beatrice, my teacher, it was really low key. We talked about my exam that morning (con Daniele, her friend) and she told me that Daniele said I was a molta brava studentessa. It was cute. Tuesday I went out to eat again with emily, ruby, theresa, and maggie where I ate buffalo mozzarella pizza that was oh-so-good. seriously. We drank wine and cheers over everything. I cheers to better taste in men and Maggie jumps in and says "OMG Kari when I visit my brother in Columbia, Maryland I am setting you up and OMG we could be sisters! " Maggie isn't really that ditzy, but it was cute. I am going to take her up on her offer because it would be awesome to see Maggie this summer, for reals!
Today I took my Lifestyle in Renaissance Florence final, which turned out to be a 20 question multiple choice test. Weird, right. I ran into the British guy in my class later today and he asked how I did and I said "well I guessed on about five" and he said "well i only knew 6, so i bet you did really well." Oh, I don't mean to sound like a broken record but it really sucks that I met so many people who I really like and would like to continue getting to know but the distance thing is obnoxious. I mean at Mary Wash, I make my class friends each semester, except I get to see them after the semester over, especially art history people because we're all in the same 3 classes.
I am going to continue this cheese fest and end saying if you are considering studying aboard do it, I promise you won't regret it. All I know is I'm starting to seriously consider finding a job in Europe after graduation. I will make my way back to Europe sooner rather than later.
Oh, and fyi I don't mean to be a debbie downer for people at home. I promise mom,dad,brett,jess,matt,melissa,jen,alex,ash,allison,brad,etc,etc.........I AM HAPPY TO SEE YOU SOON! I just wish it was in Europe.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hey kari - it's cool. i know you love me more than florence, even if you don't have the words to say so. xoxo.
ReplyDelete