Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Get around get around, I get around!




I'm been so busy these last few days cramming in as much fun stuff as possible and unfortunately writing papers. I know the end of the semester does mean papers and finals, but it is extra annoying here. I'm surprised with myself I've actually being staying on top of things and not being grouchy. Who knew that was possible for me during paper-exam-extravaganza? I guess I should just stay here after all.

Rachel, Morgan, and Emily
Maggie, Ruby and Theresa
A really cute little Italian boy who LOVED Morgan

me and Ruby (my art history buddy!)
Sunday I went to the soccer game with a bunch of my friends (Emilies, Ruby, Theresa, Maggie, Morgan, Valarie, Rachel, and Anisa). The weather was perfect it was a great game and Florence even won. The stadium is just into the suburbs of the city, and above the stadium is a great view of the little Tuscan houses built into the hill. I have certainly never been to a stadium like it before. We got a lot of laughs from the Italians before we went in the stadium because we were drinking beers outside. Apparently Italians don't drink at their sporting games and they do not have good concessions. There were no hotdogs, no cotton candy, no nachos, and no peanuts! I had to settle on the Italian version of oreos--lame! So that was that little outing.

Monday was a big paper-writing day, luckily my friends have equal amounts of work to do for their classes so I usually have a library buddy. Emily, Bonnie, and I have a table that we pretty much excusively use. Also the librarian knows my name! He knows my favorite book in the library (on Klimt which I used on my paper) and was sad when I told me I needed new books because I finished that paper. Monday afternoon my Italian class took a field trip to a Florence Univeristy for design, so we talked in Italian and English and it was surprisingly fun. Monday night was the Farewell dinner. It was pretty sweet only they didn't really have enough seats so my group of friends got split up:( Emily G, Emily B, and I got stuck with a bunch of Clemson kids (to which Emily Grubbe responded... great I get to sit with the people from home who I choose to NOT associate with). Dinner was good, we got bread, two pasta dishes, a creamy chicken dish served with vegetables, wine, and tirmusu. It was nice to eat a big Italian meal.

Yesterday I gave my Klimt presentation (finally) except we went over time, so I ended up only presenting to Daniele (my teacher) and my two friends in class (Ruby and Theresa). It was pretty low-key and Daniele said he loved it! I wanted to say I love you, but I refrained, ha! Daniele gave a really heartfelt speach (since it was technically our last class) about how even if you don't make a cent in art history it's worth it. Art is powerful, everything in the world relates to it in some way. I really think spending time with art makes you a better person, it makes you whole, complete. Whatever I do in life, this much I know, I never want to remove myself completely from art.

Ruby, Theresa, and I got burritos for lunch at the new taco place. It was good, exactly how I wanted to celebrate my presentation. In Italian class we had "skit parade" and each class performed their skit. My class did a skit called "Via Violenta" which was a spin-off on Sesame Street where everything is messed up. I was one of the kids and we learned how to pick-pocket, pick up guys, roll a cigarette, and heard a song from a bear who sang about wanted to eat us. It was pretty funny. In case you were wondering the theme song translated is "Puoi dirmi posso arrivare, arrivare in Via Violenta!"

After class I cranked out more pages for my Michelangelo paper with Emily in the library. At 9:30 we peaced out and went back to her hostel and ended up eating dinner there. By 11ish we got back to my apartment and I dropped off my stuff and then we went with my roommates to Bebop for Beatles night. Bebop was pretty fun, but two of my roommates got really drunk so I got stuck babysitting with Bonnie. kinda lame, but whatever. I got to clean up alcohol-induced vomit for the first time, and I do not ever want to do that again. MODERATION PEOPLE! besides you don't need to drink to listen to the beatles.


me and Emily at Bebop!

Caitlin, Bonnie and Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment