Friday, March 20, 2009

I survived!

Hello!

Well it's Thursday night and I have completed all my midterms and I'm officially on spring break... life is good again! First off, I spent a good chunk of this afternoon uploading pictures onto Picassa, so for my non-facebook friends you can see my travel pictures in full at: http://picasaweb.google.com/Kari.Anne.Evans

Also, I must say I'm horrible at technology and it was easy to use and it has cool features, so I would definitely recommend it. Let's see, what did I do today? Well I got up around 7 (third day in a row) to last minute study for my exam on Michelangelo at 9. It wasn't too bad, but I had to guess a few times. Then I sent some postcards, I won't disclose to whom:) I did some laundry, cleaned (i know I'm a domestic goddess when I'm stressed or de-stressing).

In Italian we talked to Beatrice, our teacher, one on one about the exam which would be boring except.... Mary and Rachel show up to class with beers. Everyone notices, obviously and Beatrice says something like "oh it's a festa." Then Nathaniel, a classmate, leave and comes back 5 minutes later with beers for everyone including Beatrice. So I drank a beer in class with my teacher, it was bizarre! I got an A on my midterm, I made a really stupid mistake several times in the comparative section. Beatrice said "what happened? You could have had a perfect test!" My response after seeing my work, "Oh, oops, I guess I got tired" Nevertheless, Beatrice acted like I got one of/ the best grades in the class....HOLLA!

After class I took the bus to Joe's appartment, he's a friend from Mary Washington who is interning at the consulate in Florence. We hadn't seen eachother since Ash Wednesday so it was really nice hanging out, catching up, and all that jazz. I met his roommate, a waitress. I think she thought she was interrupting us on a date, and we both rushed to say "We're just friends!!!" only I said it in English. She laughed once she understood it. Joe cooked dinner and it was really good. His grandparents called and he spoke to them in Italian for awhile, it's so funny hearing him speak in Italian. Not because he's bad, but because he can carry a complete conversation in Italian without the horrible American accent that I CANNOT get rid of.

I told Joe everything and all the failed attempts at communication and seeing eachother and then he told his roommate. Her advice was "you're only here for so long, enjoy it. If you don't see him that means patience for him, he should work around your schedule." and my favorite thing to hear/ hardest thing to practice, "You should date other guys, you are by no means bound to him." It's just hard when monogamy is drilled into your head. I only want to have one person I think of like that....

No comments:

Post a Comment